Our clients are hoping to recruit a Project Manager to join the team based in their Reading headquarters.
A managed service provider for IT support and infrastructure.
You will be a key member of the Projects team delivering both large and/ or multiple small projects.
- Act as the Single Point of Contact for internal and customer Project, Engineering and Service Delivery teams and co-ordinate all project and transitional activities and develop and sustain excellent relationships with customers
- Ensure projects are coordinated through all project phases to completion in line with the requirements, quality standards, budget and time-scales to meet the customer's expectations
- Create and regularly maintain all required project profitability reporting documentation
- Create and regularly maintain all required project documentation, i.e. PID Project Workbook (incl., Action Log, Risk Log), Project Schedule, Project Cost Tracker
- Produce weekly and/or monthly reports on performance on assigned projects and where necessary present weekly/monthly status to the PRB.
- Track project scope and identify any cases of scope creep, escalating to the appropriate level, within the Project Services Team
- Identify any required amendments to project documents, e.g. plans or contracts and escalate to the appropriate level within the Project Services team, for the amendments to be handled under change control.
- Ensure that any resources are assigned to individual project activities and that they are fully briefed and have the required skills, tools and instructions to complete the required work to the agreed quality and performance levels
- Identify & track all costs incurred in delivering the project via the Project Cost Tracker, created during project start-up.
- Provide accurate and timely billing to the customer for all assigned projects on a monthly basis, working closely with the Project Services and Finance teams to ensure that costs are allocated to the correct project and that any invoice queries are swiftly resolved.
- Identify all key stakeholders - internal & external - during project start-up and manage them accordingly throughout the project.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the Customers Project and Operations/Service Delivery teams to understand their business needs.
- Own any Project related escalation or complaint logged by the customer.
- Manage any risks to project delivery, by analysing them and identifying actions to mitigate the impact of the risk, using the Risk Log tab in the Project workbook, to capture all progress and other updates.
- Demonstratable experience within an IT Service Management and/or Project Management environment
- Formal ITIL Foundation qualification is preferred
- Experienced in delivering presentations and customer facing Service/Project reviews
- Ability to multi-task and work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Proficient/Expert level knowledge of MS Office/O365 suite. •
- Experience of working with offshore/near shore/remote teams and resources.
- Proficient in the use of automated tools to assist in the project management process by automating mechanical tasks such as scheduling, resource balancing and time recording, e.g. Microsoft Project.