Apointe is working with a multi-million turnover manufacturing company who are looking to hire an Accountant to assist the current Financial Accountant in the job of keeping the company accounts to the highest standard whilst assisting other members and partners of the company in their financial needs.
- ACA, CIMA, ACCA newly qualified
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of working in a Finance function
- Good understanding of month end procedures
- Strong IT skills, especially Excel
- Supporting month-end activities including Group reporting, journals, invoicing and balance-sheet reconciliations.
- VAT return preparation & submission for the group, including monthly completion and filing Intrastat reports.
- Preparation of the statutory financial accounts and information for the annual Tax filings.
- Support in assembling data for quarterly and annual Tax filings and interim and final statutory audits.
- Complete weekly bank reconciliations and provide cash flow forecasts for UK accounts.
- Supplier setups and maintenance on the finance system, follow up outstanding PO receipting.
- Complete monthly fixed asset process e.g. depreciation, additions, disposals.
- Fixed Assets impairment review.
- Fixed Asset monthly forecast reporting.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual National statistics.
- Review aged debtors and creditors monthly following up aged items.
- Completing and agreeing monthly intercompany balances.
- Maintaining UK Finance user facing documentation e.g. Expenses and DOA