Apointe are partnering with our clients based close to Wokingham that re looking for a Part Qualified Management Accountant. A leader in their field with a turnover of close to £500m there is so much room for progression within the company.
The last Part Qualified Management Accountant we placed with this company was given study support and mentoring and has recently become a fully qualified Accountant.The Role -
To provide an effective Management Accounting service to the business, maintaining the General Ledger, ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the company's financial records, providing timely information to the business.
Essential Key Skills:
- Prepare necessary journals to account for revenues and costs (including accruals and prepayments), ensuring all entries are accurately processed through the GL so that Management Accounts are produced and issued in accordance with internal guidelines in appropriate formats.
- Produce timely and accurate management information in accordance with internal deadlines and in compliance with the Group accounting policies (FRS102).
- Provide insightful analysis and commentary of revenues and costs to Finance and Operational Managers, ensuring the accuracy and legitimacy of the accounts.
- Partnering with the designated area of the business via monthly P&L review meetings (virtually) to talk through variances month on month and against budget and gaining knowledge of upcoming costs/changes that may affect their individual P&Ls;
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, taking remedial action to rectify any errors, ensuring that the company's assets and liabilities are accurately recorded, providing supporting explanation where appropriate.
- Maintenance of schedules for prepayments and accruals, ensuring costs are accounted for in the correct accounting period.
- Act as a point of contact for finance queries for a designated area of the business, investigating and providing a timely response to P&L and Balance Sheet queries.
- Identify and implement process improvements to drive greater efficiency, improve accuracy in the production of the management accounts, to meet the growing needs of the business, as agreed with management.
- Completion of returns to the Office for National Statistics
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent IT skills - Experience of Microsoft suite of products, Word, Excel etc. (to include Pivot tables, Lookups, and Sumif(s) formulas).
What can our clients offer:
- Experience of multi-site businesses with high volumes of data and cost centres.
- Knowledge of Divisional / Regional / Branch accounting.
- Competitive Salary
- 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) increasing by 1 day each year up to an additional 5 days of leave
- An additional 10 days holiday every 5 years of service
- Staff discounts with many retailers
- Free 24 hour Employee assistance programme
- Salary sacrifice pension
- Eye care vouchers
- Family friendly Maternity, Adoption ,Paternity and parental bereavement policies (subject to conditions)
- Annual award incentives
- Support to gain relevant professional qualifications